The healthcare programme focuses on early action to prevent minor symptoms from developing into chronic disorders. The purpose of the programme is to help our members stay fit for work and remain in the labour market for as long as possible. This is in the interests of our members, the companies they work for and society.
We try to achieve this by offering a wide range of preventive treatments and coordinated efforts that all revolve around job retention. Our preventive measures are intended to prevent injuries from occurring, while our coordinated activities aim to provide assistance when and after an injury occurs.
PensionDanmark’s team of nurses and social workers take a holistic approach to their work, which means that they provide guidance and advice through the entire process from initial contact over examination and diagnosis to treatment and rehabilitation. This ensures that members right away receive the right guidance as well as treatment matching their situation and needs.
- Preventive treatment: In case of joint, muscle or tendon problems, access to treatment by a physiotherapist or a chiropractor at healthcare centres across the country.
- Prompt diagnosis: We ensure our members get a prompt diagnosis so they can start the right treatment quickly and without unnecessary delay. The offer also comprises a two-month rehabilitation programme with a physiotherapist.
- Guidance: Our team of experienced nurses and social workers assist, e.g., members who are or risk becoming absent for longer periods of time, providing guidance on options, rights and rules in the public healthcare system, including waiting times, the free choice of hospitals, rehabilitation, medicine reimbursement and complaint procedures.
- Psychological counselling: The healthcare programme entitles members to psychological counselling if they are experiencing problems at work, such as bullying or stress issues, or at home, perhaps in connection with a divorce or a death in the family.
- Abuse counselling by telephone: The healthcare programme offers abuse counselling by telephone to assist members with smoking, drug, alcohol or medicine abuse problems, advising on public and private support options.
- Unemployed members and members with long-term illnesses: Unemployed members and members with long-term illnesses automatically have healthcare cover for a period of 12 months after their pension contributions have been suspended. Retirees are also covered by the healthcare programme.